- promoting and using the non-formal and informal strategies in education processes as complementary and alternative strategies for the formal strategies;
- acquiring new key competences in using ICT;
- improving and building on their foreign language competences;
- promoting and using new innovative practices in classroom education;
- promoting lifelong learning process;
- preventing any manifestations of xenophobia, and strengthen national
- pride and awareness of all project participants;
- developing the knowledge and ownership of the European cultural heritage and the respect for the European identity, its plurality and its linguistic richness;
- building strong relationships between people, schools and cities that will not finish when the project comes to an end;
- helping teachers, students, parents and members of local communities to become aware of the sustainability of this important resource called water.
To implement our goals, our team (students, teachers and members of localcommunities) will work together in different countries involved in the partnership, within these four stages:
1. The role of water in every point of view throughout history, for our communities and regions, to show the students, the teachers and the local communities the importance of water for human evolution and development throughout its history;
2. The role of water for today's communities, to show the students, the teachers and the local communities the different purposes of using water, to demonstrate its importance in everyday life;
3. Water problems nowadays, to identify and debate contemporary issues related to water in different countries;
4. Solutions to solve water problems, to identify and compare different solutions to water problems, and ensure the sustainability of this important resource.
The joint work in the project will result in the following:
v A book focused on the following topics:
1. The role of water in every point of view throughout history;
2. The role of water for today's communities;
3. Water problems nowadays;
4. Solutions to solve water problems and ensure the sustainability of this important resource.
5. Non-formal learning programs, which will be integrated into the formal education system: " The Water Problems in the World Today";
v The construction of a Website that will host all the products of the project;
v Non-formal training courses in the partner countries;
v Short videos about the project and about every meeting;
v Brochures for each chapter of the book;
v Dancing and singing; exhibition of paintings inspired by water;
v Articles and interviews in the city newspapers, radios etc. as a dissemination of knowledge gained to inform the local communities.
v Multiplier event at the end of the project.